Audit committees, board members and executives are more accountable than ever before for their companies’ financials and often find themselves struggling for clarity and understanding. Coauthored by Grant Thornton LLP’s R. Trent Gazzaway, national managing partner of Audit services, and Robert H. Colson, Public Policy and External Affairs partner, The Audit Committee Handbook, Fifth Edition is hands-on and provides in-depth guidance on all audit committee functions, duties and responsibilities.
The Fifth Edition features:
- updates from the latest regulatory changes;
- new chapters covering internal and external audit planning and oversight;
- new coverage of fraud risk;
- broader international coverage;
- advice on complying with myriad regulations while managing costs and maintaining a business focus—rather than one of compliance; and
- discussion of current trends and developments that maximize the effectiveness of audit committees
With action-oriented coverage to accommodate recent regulatory changes, the Fifth Edition is a “must have” for audit committee members, corporate board members and practitioners operating in today’s vastly changing regulatory environment.