- Audit & assurance
Debbie Smith is a partner in Grant Thornton’s National Professional Standards Group, specializing in employee benefit plan audit services. She has more than 20 years of experience in auditing benefit plans and has practiced exclusively in this area for more than 13 years. She serves as a technical resource for the firm on employee benefit plan auditing, accounting and reporting issues, and is the designated Audit Services partner for the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit practice. Smith is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences on employee benefit plans.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Illinois
- Illinois CPA Society
- AICPA, Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, Executive Committee
- AICPA, Employee Benefit Plans, Former Expert Panel Member
- AICPA, Audit Guide Revision Task Force, Grant Thornton Representative
- AICPA, Audit Guide Overhaul Task Force, Grant Thornton Representative
- AICPA, Audit Risk Alert Task Force
- AICPA, Professional Ethics Committee, Technical Standards Subcommittee
- BA, Accounting, Loyola University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.