- Construction & real estate
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Human Capital Services
Eric Gonzaga is a principal and practice leader for the Human Capital Services (HCS) group in Minneapolis. He also serves as the National HCS leader for health care. Gonzaga specializes in total compensation strategies, having served as a board adviser for private equity and financial institutions; private and public sales, service, and manufacturing firms; and the array of health care provider, managed care and service organizations.
Gonzaga’s executive compensation work includes designing equity incentives at a high growth firm, managing the annual incentive strategy for a firm in turnaround and developing a long-term incentive strategy for executives at a merged health care system. He has also designed governance policies and procedures and performed proxy disclosure work for a compensation committee; designed executive contracts for a publicly-traded service organization; and performed 409A, 280G and “reasonableness” audits for public and private firms. Gonzaga is a frequent lecturer and has received national recognition for his topical research on best practice governance of executive total compensation and pay-for-performance.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- National association of Stock Plan Professionals, Board Member
- American College of Healthcare Professionals
- World at Work
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “A year of changes, with more to come,” Employee Benefits Planner, 2011
- Contributing author, “Compensation and risk management: a missing link?” Compensation and Benefits Bulletin, March 2011.
- Contributing author, “The missing link: Executive compensation and enterprise risk management,” Compensation and Benefits Bulletin, September 2009.
- JD, Hamline University School of Law
- BA, Northern Illinois University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.